Re: log file? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: log file?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday 05 Nov 2002 4:11 pm, you wrote:
> At 12:47 05/11/02, Richard Huxton wrote:
> > > but the problem is it never recycle this file so i have a got a px_log
> > > 2Go how i can resolve this problem?
> > > why it doesn't recycle?
> >
> >According to the log you posted it was being recycled.
> >
> >How many files are there in pg_xlog and what dates do they have?
> >What are the WAL settings in your postgresql.conf file?
> >Do you have any clients that have been running a long time?
> >
> >--
> >   Richard Huxton
>
> when this files is recycling?
> because my database is always connecting
> what can i do?

As long as the number of files isn't increasing, all is well. The only reason
old files wouldn't get recycled is if a client might refer to a transaction
held in it. It doesn't matter if you have lots of clients running lots of
queries, the files will still get recycled.

See my previous reply for why you have 66 files.

--
  Richard Huxton