Re: Populating a database - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Populating a database
Date
List pgsql-novice
Josep,

> How can I populate a database with data I've got in a spreadsheet
> without having to format it with all the terrible format with commas,
> sql orders and so on??
> Or, at least, which is the easiest way to do it?

EMS Hitech recently released their conversion utilities to the PostgreSQL
community:

http://www.ems-hitech.com/pgsqlutils/download.phtml.

EMS PostgreSQL Export is a cross-platform (Windows and Linux) product to
export your data quickly from PostgreSQL databases to any of 12 available
formats, including MS Excel, MS Word, HTML, TXT, and more. PostgreSQL Export
includes a wizard, which allows you to set export options for each table
visually (destination filename, exported fields, data formats, and many
more) and a command line utility to export data from tables and queries in
one-touch.

-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions
 San Francisco