Re: Request for supported platforms - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jason Tishler
Subject Re: Request for supported platforms
Date
Re: Request for supported platforms  (Jason Tishler <jason@tishler.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
Dave,

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 02:56:01PM -0000, Dave Page wrote:
> [...]

My WAG is that you will be able to upgrade your Cygwin installation
before I fix the Cygwin build issues. :,)

> Is there actually a reason for this though or are you just trying to
> keep me busy? :-) It can't be a good thing for us to require that
> people upgrade to the latest release of their OS.

Agreed, but sometimes a new Cygwin release fixes some problems and
breaks others...

> > 2. Cygwin bison limit exceeded:
> >
> > make[4]: Entering directory
> > `/home/jt/src/pgsql/src/interfaces/ecpg/preproc'
> > [snip]
> > bison -y -d  preproc.y
> > preproc.y:5560: fatal error: maximum table size (32767) exceeded
>
> I believe a new bison is required now. Don't know much about it other
> than ecpg hit some limit or other and much discussion followed. Iirc,
> it's only an issue when compiling from CVS, not a tarball.

The above should help save me some time.

Thanks,
Jason