Re: Foreign character struggles - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Roberto Mello
Subject Re: Foreign character struggles
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 10:37:59AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

> I think this is a locale issue, not a character set issue.  You
> definitely need --enable-locale, but I doubt you need either of the
> above (unless you need to deal with Unicode or Far-Eastern languages).

Where is the procedure for working with i18n'd characters described in the
documentation? I'm looking for something that mentions the specifics of
locale interaction and all that.

I ask because the sort of question Tim asked is a recurrent one in a
portuguese PostgreSQL mailing list I subscribe to.

Thanks,

-Roberto

--
+----|        Roberto Mello   -    http://www.brasileiro.net/  |------+
+       Computer Science Graduate Student, Utah State University      +