Contracting job in SF area - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Contracting job in SF area
Date
List pgsql-general
I am posting this for someone who phoned me:

The position is in Walnut Creek California. We are looking for a highly
experienced postgres consultant that has significant experience in
tuning postgres data bases.  The person we are looking for would have
recent experience in doing tuning.  Recent defined as within the last
year.  The individual would have data base design and modeling
experience.  Would have programming experience with SQL.  Would have 10
or more years experience doing sophisticated data base design data
modeling and performance tuning of large, complex data bases.  Need to
know postgres internals.  Need to have deep expertise in development and
performance tuning of stored procedures.  Need to have somebody in the
Bay Area; we are located in Walnut Creek California.  A definite plus
would someone who has worked on the Berkeley postgres project or
contributed to the open source postgres system.  The person would be a
consultant, not an employee of a company.

We estimate that this person would be required for a maximum of four
weeks.

To get more information, reply to this message.