big pg_attribute_relid_attnam_index files - Mailing list pgsql-general

From darthxiong@libero.it
Subject big pg_attribute_relid_attnam_index files
Date
List pgsql-general
hi all... i was peeking in the files of postgres ( 7.2.1 ) and found a 700Mb
file . looking in the system tables, i found that it corresponds to the index
pg_attribute_relid_attnam_index. Also, pg_attribute_relid_attnum_index file
is similar. I set up another db usinc rsync, dumped the db, droppped it, and
restored. now the 2 files look normal.
I run vacuum --analize about 3 times a day. why that files become so big?
there is a solution, other than dump & restore ?
TIA
Ivan
--
Lucy:    Dance, dance, dance.  That is all you ever do.
    Can't you be serious for once?