Re: Antw: Re: Postgresql and multithreading - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Antw: Re: Postgresql and multithreading
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 19 Oct 2002, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:

> On 18 Oct 2002 at 18:10, Ulrich Neumann wrote:
>
> > I'm still VERY interested in giving those changes back to the
> > community, but i think that my changes are still not wanted.

Okay, can you submit such changes in pieces / steps?  For instance, I know
there was alot of talk about how to fix/improve the global variable
situation, but nobody appeared to have picked that up and done anything
with it ... if you have, is it something you could submit as a patch for
review?

Note that as the source matures, we've become more critical of patches,
especially those that affect the *whole* server, so if you can submit
patches in manageable chunks, it becomes easier to review and get those
changes in before the next round of changes ...