Re: PostgreSQL Benchmarks - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Fathi Ben Nasr
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Benchmarks
Date
List pgsql-general

Nearly one year ago, a company making odbc drivers made a comparison of
postgresql compared to mysql, a free rdbms from borland and  two dbms
tenors
one version 8.0.4 without naming oracle and the other version 7.0 without
naming sqlserver du to some EULA that forbids using or naming this two
later
products in benchmarks without an explicit agreement from oracle or
microsoft.
This benchmark not only showed that postgres is the fastest but that it is
also
the one that scales better.
I found the link on the postgres site. Have to look if it is always there.

Fathi B.N.