pgsql-server/doc/src/sgml catalogs.sgml - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From momjian@postgresql.org (Bruce Momjian - CVS)
Subject pgsql-server/doc/src/sgml catalogs.sgml
Date
List pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql-server
Changes by:    momjian@postgresql.org    02/10/14 00:29:23

Modified files:
    doc/src/sgml   : catalogs.sgml

Log message:
    - Link the entries in the table to the catalog heading
    - Wrap them in the <database class="table"> tags, since thats what they
    are (no markup rules for this, so it inherits from parent -- no style
    change)
    - Mention that pg_database, pg_shadow, and pg_group are global, and the
    rest are local to the specific DB. (I believe this is correct).

    > Works for me, though I suppose we could explain what the exceptions are
    > like in general terms.  Perhaps something like
    >
    > 'Most system catalogs are copied from the template database during
    > database creation, and are thereafter database-specific.  A few
    > catalogs are physically shared across all databases in an installation;
    > these are marked in the descriptions of the individual catalogs.'

    Ok, new patch.

    Rod Taylor