genetic query optimization - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From iafmgc@unileon.es
Subject genetic query optimization
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,
First of all, sorry for disturbing you all guys with my email talking about
this subject again.
I am a Spanish student and I following a course about Genetic Algorithms. My
teacher suggested me to search for some information of how to optimize things
in a database. Then I thought about PostgreSQL. I have downloaded tons of
pdfs papers.
Mainly I have to do a small assigment showing what can be achieved with
PostgreSQL using genetic query optimization.
So far, I have found a lot of information but with a very high level, and
what I am looking for is much more simple: I just need some insight of what can
be done with the query optimizer and a few examples to start with and make out
a new set of examples or to solve a little bit bigger problem.
Hope you guys can help me out a little bit, with PDFs, papers or references.
Many thanks in advance
Miguel