Re: Server locale? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karel Zak
Subject Re: Server locale?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 05:25:16PM +1000, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 09:07:49AM +0200, Karel Zak wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 10:17:35AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > > 7.3 has some of the LC_ things exposed as GUC variables, but not
> > > COLLATE.
> >
> >  Oh, sorry. By the way, why not COLLATE, why not all?
>
> That's really wierd. Anyway, it means that from a users point of view, ORDER
> BY on a string column has undefined results, since the server could be using
> any locale and you have no way of determining what it is.

 I good know why PostgreSQL not use all locale, I talked about SHOW
 command. Why this command not show all LC_ values? The kernel of
 PostgreSQL maybe not use all locale, but my function or some built-in
 routines can use it (for example to_char()) and the SHOW command is
 good way how check setting.

    Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>