Re: sloooow query - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: sloooow query
Date
List pgsql-performance
Marie,

> I ran the vacuum for selected tables.  It looks fine, I think, but I amn't
> always sure what I am reading in output.

So much for the easy answer.   The reason I wanted to see a VACUUM FULL is
that the query on the "bad" database is taking a long time to return even the
first row of many of its sub-parts.  This is usually the result of not
running VACUUM FULL after a lot of deletions.

However, your problem apparently is something else.   Is is possible that
there is some kind of disk access problem for the bad database copy?  Is
there a difference in where its files are physically located?

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions