Re: sloooow query - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: sloooow query
Date
List pgsql-performance
Marie,

> I pg_dumped the first database having performance problems and reloaded it
> into a new database on the same server.  The query ran normally when I
> reloaded it.  There is no difference in hardware, schema or anything else.

That's a pretty brutal query.

From the comparison between the two queries, it looks like you have a lot of
discarded rows cluttering up the original database, just like I did.

What happens if you run VACUUM FULL VERBOSE on the Bad database?  Does it
report lots of rows taken up?

--
-Josh Berkus

                                        Josh Berkus
   Complete information technology     josh@agliodbs.com
    and data management solutions     (415) 565-7293
   for law firms, small businesses      fax 621-2533
    and non-profit organizations.     San Francisco