Re: PostgreSQL Website : advocacy.postgresql.org - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gerhard Häring
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Website : advocacy.postgresql.org
Date
List pgsql-general
* Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> [2002-10-02 10:34 +1000]:
> Over the last few weeks we've put together a new "Advocacy and
> Marketing" website for PostgreSQL:
>
> http://advocacy.postgresql.org

Cool :-)

A few remarks:

* [http://advocacy.postgresql.org/advantages/]
  """
  A point list for some technical features that PostgreSQL offers:
  * Replication (available commercially) allowing the duplication of
    the database on multiple machines
  """

  IIRC there is now a replication solution in contrib/ I've never used
  it though. So you can perhaps cut the "available commercially" There
  might be other commercial offerings I know nothing about.

* "PostgreSQL : The worlds most advanced Open Source database"
  This probably isn't entirely true any more, considering the
  availability of SAP DB. I personally still stick with PostgreSQL,
  however, as I like it and it seems to have much momentum.

* Allows you to win Bullshit-Bingo in 10 seconds. But that's by design
  ;-)

* I don't like serif-fonts like "Times New Roman" on web pages. What
  about using a font declaration like (from my homepage):

  body {  font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
  background-color: #FFFFEE}

  throughout the site?

-- Gerhard