Re: IDENT authentication failed for user postgres - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Gerhard Häring
Subject Re: IDENT authentication failed for user postgres
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
* G.LeeJohnson <info@heartseed.org> [2002-09-27 19:10 -0700]:
> Hi,
>    I have connection established between my windows ( where i am trying
> to use pgadmin with pgmigration wizard) and linux and of course a
> firewall that I believe is set correctly to allow ports connect (
> 113according to refusal error in postmaster)...
>
>    I'm wondering if anyone can help me diagnose the error in Subject
> line of this post....Ive tried editing both fiewall and pg_hba.conf to
> get this working..no dice

You obviously can't use ident based authentication from an OS that
doesn't provide the ident service. So you'll have to edit the
pg_hba.conf and enable the md5 authentication mechanism, for example.

Your pg_hba.conf should contain the necessary comments to understand its
format.

HTH,

-- Gerhard