Re: Case Sensitive "WHERE" Clauses? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Ian Barwick
Subject Re: Case Sensitive "WHERE" Clauses?
Date
Re: Case Sensitive "WHERE" Clauses?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-sql
On Friday 27 September 2002 01:14, Chris wrote:
> >On Thursday 26 September 2002 19:54, Jordan Reiter wrote:
> > > Are string comparisons in postgresql case sensitive?
> >
> >Yes, unless you specify otherwise.
> >
> >Are you sure you are using the right database? I can
> >reproduce similar results, but only like this:
>
> You're using MySQL in these examples .. not Postgres :)

Full points for paying attention ;-)

This, erm, characteristic of the former caused me a lot of grief once...

Anyone know what the ANSI standard is? I don`t recall any other
database apart from MySQL which default to case-insensitive
CHAR or VARCHAR columns.

Ian Barwick
barwick@gmx.net