Re: Feature or Bug Questions - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Feature or Bug Questions
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 08:54:12AM -0700, Derek Neighbors wrote:

> If you drop a table and then recreate it.  Trying to access a view on
> that table returns error about OID not being found.  If you drop and
> recreate the view the problem goes away.

Yes.  This is a known problem.  I _think_ 7.3 (currently in beta) is
going to do something about it, but don't hold me to that.

> Issue #2
>
> This one is a bit more indepth but on updates it appears that implicit
> numeric conversion is not happening.  Here is a link to some of our
> lengthy discussions on it...

There has been a great whack of discussion in -hackers recently about
the implicit rules.  The short answer is Here There Be Dragons.  But
you can probably try quoting everything; you may find it works fine
for you.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110