Re: problem with maintenance script and missing pg_clog files with pg 7.2.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: problem with maintenance script and missing pg_clog files with pg 7.2.1
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 11:18:59AM +0100, Ben Roberts wrote:
> Ben Roberts benroberts@runtime-collective.com said:
>
> Tom, Martijn,
>
> Oh dear, I feel this problem is related to us having not correctly
> implemented the move to a new data directory.
>
> I think the problem here is in postmaster.conf:

<snip>

To be honest, I don't know. What I usually do is create a symlink from the
old location to the new location so that it looks like nothing has changed.
The you don't need to change any config files at all.

So something like:

ln -s /2/var/lib/postgres/data /var/lib/postgres/

OTOH, I can't see why you'd be having any problems. If the server can start,
it should have access to everything it needs...