Re: [GENERAL] Monitoring a Query - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Roberto Mello
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Monitoring a Query
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 10:48:30AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > What do people think about this?  It seems like a good idea to me.
> >
> > OpenACS has a package called "Developer Support" that shows you (among
> > other things) how long a query took to be executed. Very good to finding
> > out slow-running queries that need to be optimized.
>
> 7.3 will have GUC 'log_duration' which will show query duration.

Forgive my ignorance here, but what is GUC? And how would I access the
query duration?

-Roberto

--
+----|        Roberto Mello   -    http://www.brasileiro.net/  |------+
+       Computer Science Graduate Student, Utah State University      +