Re: Lyris looking to help fix PostgresSQL crashing problems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From John Buckman
Subject Re: Lyris looking to help fix PostgresSQL crashing problems
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> John Buckman <john@lyris.com> writes:
> > It seems that with larger database sizes (500,000 rows and larger) and
> > high stress, the server daemon has a tendency to core.

> We'd love to see some stack traces ...

Yeah, I just didn't know what form this list prefers to work on things, which is why I'd prefer to hire a regular
participantof this list.  If gcc 'where' stack traces are what you want, we can do that.

I suspect that the problems may be platform-or-build related, because we've often had trouble replicating customer
problemson our own sysems. For example, we had many reports of problems with 7.2.x, and saw it crash often on a
customer'sredhat machine that we had ssh access to, but couldn't make it crash in our own lab. :(  That's why we need
help. If we could make a simple C test case that crashed pgsql, I'm sure you guys could fix the problem in a jiffy.

-john