Re: Please rename split(text,text,int) to splitpart - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Please rename split(text,text,int) to splitpart
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > What do people think if this change?
>
> I'm not thrilled about renaming the function without forcing an initdb
> ... but the alternatives seem worse.  Okay by me if we do it.

I am not either.  How do you do the documentation when the function can
be called two ways.  I guess we can give the SQL query to fix it during
beta2 _and_ add a regression test to make sure it is fix.  That sounds
like a plan.

Pennsylvania19073