Re: Remote monitoring - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Remote monitoring
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 08:42:15AM -0500, Marc Mitchell wrote:

> Would it be possible to get the code for the current X-based stuff in order
> to convert it to a straight text based display in either ksh script or
> perhaps C?  I wouldn't try to implement some of the more UI related stuff
> like the ability to specify sort order or shutdown the server.  But having
> a basic refreshing display of active sessions and the ability to get query
> details on an one would same a do-able thing in C.

My colleague, Sorin Iszlai (siszlai@libertyrms.info), has already
done this.  He has asked me for some more time to clean up the code
and make it commented and such, but we intend to release it.  I just
don't have a date yet.

Bruce Momjian told me, however, that the pgmonitor stuff was being
merged with another project.  I'm not sure how that will affect the
utility of Sorin's code.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110