[OT: security] Re: Issues on OSX - Jaguar - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joel Rees
Subject [OT: security] Re: Issues on OSX - Jaguar
Date
List pgsql-general
From one *NIX newb to another --

> Okay, I'm a *nix newb. A friend just pointed out that I should try ./psql
> and that worked. I acted under the assumption that the current directory was
> considered part of the path as it is in Windows (unfortunately my current
> fiscal lifeblood). Sigh.

Having the current directory in your path by default is considered to be
a security hazard in *NIX. (Ought to be okay in your own directories,
but who knows what lurks in some of the directories you might cd to.)

Near as I can tell, the newer versions of MSWindows seem to at least be
pushing the current directory down to the end of the default path list.

--
Joel Rees <joel@alpsgiken.gr.jp>