Bug #758: show_planner_stats does not work for new PREPARE calls - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Subject Bug #758: show_planner_stats does not work for new PREPARE calls
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Barry Lind (barry@xythos.com) reports a bug with a severity of 3

Short Description
show_planner_stats does not work for new PREPARE calls

Long Description
I was testing the 7.3 PREPARE functionality.  I was using the timing information from show_parser_stats,
show_planner_stats,show_executor_stats to compare times with and without using PREPARE.  But unfortunatly no planing
timinginformation is shown when using PREPARE so I can't see the total before and after information.  Since all PREPARE
isdoing is parsing and planning the statement, it makes sense that it would show the planning information when
show_planner_statsis enabled?

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report