Re: How can I get metadate of a table in PHP3? - Mailing list pgsql-php

From knut.suebert@web.de
Subject Re: How can I get metadate of a table in PHP3?
Date
List pgsql-php
Zhidian Du schrieb:

> How can I get metadate of a table in PHP3?

If you think about things like the output of "\d tablename", turn on
the logging of queries, do a "\d tablename" and watch the
logfiles.

Somewhere I need the fieldtypes of a table named $this->table, the
query is

      $q = "SELECT a.attname, format_type(a.atttypid, a.atttypmod)
        FROM pg_class c, pg_attribute a
        WHERE c.relname = '".$this->table."'
        AND a.attnum > 0 AND a.attrelid = c.oid
        ORDER BY a.attnum";

which is stolen from the logs - I'll never understand it ;)

Greetings,
Knut Sübert