Timetable for 7.3 beta - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Timetable for 7.3 beta
Date
List pgsql-hackers
With beta starting September 1, what time table do we want to have?  Is
feature freeze September 1?  When do we want to package up the beta1
tarball?

I will try to have the HISTORY/release.sgml file ready for September 1.

I am attaching the open items list.

                              P O S T G R E S Q L

                          7 . 3  O P E N    I T E M S

Current at ftp://candle.pha.pa.us/pub/postgresql/open_items.

Source Code Changes
-------------------
Schema handling - ready? interfaces? client apps?
Drop column handling - ready for all clients, apps?
Fix implicit type coercions that are worse
Improve macros in new tuple header code  (Tom)
Allow PL/PgSQL functions to return sets  (Neil)
Allow easy display of usernames in a group (pg_hba.conf uses groups now)
Fix BeOS and QNX4 ports
Get bison upgrade on postgresql.org

On Hold
-------
Point-in-time recovery
Win32 port
Security audit

Documentation Changes
Document need to add permissions to loaded functions and languages