Re: Fwd: Joins and links - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Fwd: Joins and links
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I have been corresponding with Bob Devine for a few years.  He was at
Berkeley during the Postgres days and knows quite a bit about
optimizers and storage systems.  I will put his name at the bottom of
the optimizer README and if people have questions, he is willing to
answer them as best he can.

Bob Devine wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > Bob, any status on when you may want to get involved with PostgreSQL?
>
> Umm, hem, haw...
>
> I'm maxed out with current stuff now.  It would be very hard
> for me to realistically promise any substantial committment
> to doing any major work.
>
> However, I'm always available for discussion on designs.
> I've built two optimizers so I can help there.  Otherwise
> I can help with general query execution or storage subsystems.
>
> Bob Devine

Pennsylvania19073