Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL 7.2.2: Security Release - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL 7.2.2: Security Release
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Saturday 24 August 2002 10:51 am, Vince Vielhaber wrote:
> And what are the odds your application is going to bomb due to a buffer
> overflow before it even gets to the database.  I can see maybe with php,
> but a web form should always be length limited.

IIRC, web forms are limited to 32k in an input field of any kind.  TEXTAREA
is, I believe, the limit.

There are other limits -- but a web browser may not be the source of the POST
formdata.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio