Re: My head is spinning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: My head is spinning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thursday 22 August 2002 11:07 pm, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Lamar Owen wrote:
> > Weekly News.  When/if it does, *SHA-ZAM*.  I'd personally like the news
> > item to read 'PostgreSQL developers release security update' rather than
> > 'Security hole found in PostgreSQL'.

> You bring up a good point.  We don't want to appear reactive on this, we
> want to be proactive.  The CVS is all ready for release, so there isn't
> anything holding us up except our quality control.

As to QA, I have REL7_2_STABLE coming down my dialup now.  I'll try a test
build (given the CVS versus dist tarball quirks -- I really need to duplicate
the distribution scripts Marc has so that I can preroll tarballs from CVS
here...) tonight or tomorrow and see where it leads.  My biggest difficulty
is merging any necessary RPM-specific patches -- and I have a couple of new
ones to put in, particularly a set of ones to contrib from Peter that I've
not yet merged in.

> Thanks. It is just that I usually have control over all the open threads
> so I can know they are all tied up.  Right now, I have a mailbox full of
> 1/2 discussed items that haven't been resolved.  I will need to start
> reading all of them tomorrow and try to get closure on them.

Keeping 7.3 and 7.2.2 issues separate is going to be a challenge -- but we
always knew there'd be this possibility.  I _know_ my build environment isn't
set up to parallel QA releases.  And with Sep 1 nearing, I really need to get
my act together on building pre-7.3...
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio