From Frank Wiles
Subject Re: @(#)Mordred Labs advisory 0x0004: Multiple buffer overflows inPostgreSQL. (fwd)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
.------[ Dann Corbit wrote (2002/08/20 at 13:54:53) ]------| |  > From: Vince Vielhaber [mailto:vev@michvhf.com] |  >
Sent:Tuesday, August 20, 2002 1:48 PM|  > To: pgsql-hackers@postgreSQL.org|  > Subject: [HACKERS] @(#)Mordred Labs
advisory0x0004: Multiple |  > buffer overflows inPostgreSQL. (fwd)|  > |  > |  > |  > And another one.  Sure would be
niceif shit-for-brains would |  > mention it to us first.|  |  It looks to me like he may be the most valuable tester
onthe staff.|  As long as we find out what the problem is, why complain?|
   The reason to complain is that he is not notifying the development   team before hand. Giving them absolutely no
chanceto work on a   fix prior to the whole world freaking out over these bugs.

   If I was your neighbor, and I noticed your front door was open I   would contact you and let you know... not take
outa full page   ad in the local news paper! Same idea applies here. :)

   Also, if I'm not mistaken this guy isn't on "staff".
---------------------------------  Frank Wiles <frank@wiles.org>