Re: Evaluating PostgreSQL for Production Web App - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Evaluating PostgreSQL for Production Web App
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 09:21:43AM -0700, dbdweeb wrote:

> Any good PostgreSQL implementation stories you would
> like to share? Any recommended web sites on PostgreSQL
> case studies and white papers?

There are no case studies of this yet, but the .info gTLD is built
using PostgreSQL.  We have extremely stringent SLA demands, and we
can certainly take the load you're talking about.  The Oracle
developers I used to work with thought that we were mighty fast, too.
In all, it's an all-around win.

----
Andrew Sullivan                               87 Mowat Avenue
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M6K 3E3
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110