Re: Open 7.3 items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: Open 7.3 items
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Monday 12 August 2002 09:51 pm, Karl DeBisschop wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-08-12 at 21:28, Lamar Owen wrote:
> > I'm going to now go to the lagging plane -- building newer PostgreSQL for
> > older Red Hat (and maybe others, if I can get enough hard drives
> > available). The source RPM will still be useful to the newer
> > distribution's maintainers -- but the requests I see more of on the lists
> > is newer PostgreSQL on older linux.  So I'm going to try to rise to that
> > occassion, and take this opportunity to apologize for not seeing it
> > sooner.

> But I for one will miss your lead on the bleeding edge of RPM
> development.

Oh, I've misstated, apparently.  I'll continue on the 'bleeding edge' as far
as versions of PostgreSQL are concerned -- I'm just shifting focus to
providing prebuilt binaries on older dists.  As I do some other bleeding edge
work, I typically will make sure my source RPM's build on the latest and
greatest -- they just won't be optimized for it.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio