Re: [HACKERS] Linux Largefile Support In Postgresql RPMS - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Linux Largefile Support In Postgresql RPMS
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, Aug 10, 2002 at 09:21:07AM -0500, Greg Copeland wrote:

> I'm actually amazed that postgres isn't already using large file
> support.  Especially for tools like dump.

Except it would only cause confusion if you ran such a program on a
system that didn't itself have largefile support.  Better to make the
admin turn all these things on on purpose, until everyone is running
64 bit systems everywhere.

----
Andrew Sullivan                               87 Mowat Avenue
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M6K 3E3
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110