Re: pgaccess logo - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Andreas Kretzer
Subject Re: pgaccess logo
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On 12.07.2002 at 08:34 Edward Pilipczuk wrote:

>Iavor Raytchev wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> The last two days I've been thinking of pgaccess logo.
>>
>> I have two ideas in my head -
>>
>> 1] An elephant on a ball - one of these huge balls. The idea is that
>> pgaccess (the ball) is something the elephant (PostgreSQL) can step on
>and
>> balance on.
>
>Why ball?
>
>My idea is the light-blue-grey elephant is to be rectangular packaged into
>frame of some table.
>
>Other idea can be the hand grabbing fetching accessing (more synonymus?)
>ear (or nose ;-)))) of the elephant.
>

>> 2] And elephant with one of these houses put on their backs in India. The
>> ideas is that pgaccess (the house) is something nice and comfortable on
>the
>> back of the elephant (PostgreSQL).
>
>Claustrophobia ... ;-)
>

>> In both cases I imagine it in two colours - black lines and purple (is
>this
>> the PostgreSQL colour?) fill.
>>
>> What would you think? I can only imagine it - not draw it. I hope your
>> imagination can help you :) Does anybody else has another idea?

The emphasis in 'pgaccess' is on the _access_. The usual symbol
could be a key (even Micro$oft (R) had this idea :-).
So what about an elephant with key on the side (the elephant should
turn his head so that we can see both the head and the body)?

Andreas