Re: Linux 7.1 dependency problems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christoph Dalitz
Subject Re: Linux 7.1 dependency problems
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 08 Jul 2002 10:29:20 -0400
pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org wrote:

> Subject: Linux 7.1 dependency problems
>
> I'm trying to install Postgres 7.2.1-5 RPM onto my linux 7.1 system.

You probably mean SuSE 7.1 or RedHat 7.1.

> Accordingly, I seem to need three files...
>
> libcrypto.so.2
> libreadline.so.4
> libssl.so.2
>
> How can I obtain these files??

These are in different RPM-packages. The name of these depends on the
vendor (RedHat, SuSE, Mandrake...).

On SuSE you can try to search within yast for something appropriate.
RedHat certainly has a similar tool. The handbook shipped with the
operating system should describe how the RPM that contains a given
file is figured out.

Christoph Dalitz