Re: newbie question - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Roberto Mello
Subject Re: newbie question
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Sun, Jul 07, 2002 at 11:59:51PM +0200, Mirco D'Angelo wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am going to learn MySql 'cause I have to, but would it be better, or let's
> say, more interesting, to learn postgressql? Is it newer, more common, etc.?

PostgreSQL is certainly more interesting, more useful, more
feature-complete (as far as Relational database servers go), more fun and
what you could learn with PostgreSQL you could take to other database
servers who are out to be real database servers, not the case with MySQL.

AFAIK, MySQL is more common.

-Roberto

--
+----| http://fslc.usu.edu/ USU Free Software & GNU/Linux Club |------+ Roberto Mello - Computer Science, USU -
http://www.brasileiro.net/      http://www.sdl.usu.edu/ - Space Dynamics Lab, Developer

Why trying to DRINK and DRIVE, while you can SMOKE and FLY?