Re: TkSql and pg_group... - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Sandro Dentella
Subject Re: TkSql and pg_group...
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Sun, Jul 07, 2002 at 12:34:05PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Sandro Dentella <sandro.dentella@tin.it> writes:
> >   I'd like to understand how should an editor cope with this case: I'd like
> >   to make tksql able to edit these tables too, but I see no way to act on a
> >   record in a unique way.
>
> You should not be editing system catalogs with INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE
> operations in any case.

This was not true till 7.1 before CREATE GROUP command, correct?
You're suggesting tksql should set read-only any system catalogs, and let
people change them w/ other means?

How are system catalogs recognizable (apart from leading pg_ that a user
could put to other table names...)

TYA

sandro
*:-)