Re: Permissions in PgSQL 7.2.1 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Heni Lolov
Subject Re: Permissions in PgSQL 7.2.1
Date
List pgsql-admin
> I have a problem with permissions. I have a user admin1. His permissions are
> select, insert, update and delete on table employee.
> After connecting with this user, I tried to create a table, and it worked.
> Why does this work? I don't want, that admin1 can create tables.
> Before I gave admin1 the permissions, I revoked all.
> Thanks for your answers.

Everybody is able to create tables in recent releases and there is no way to
stop them :). This is not good at all and this is one of the weaknesses of
PgSQL. But we have the promise drom the developers that it will be fixed in
version 7.3. Probably it will not be done in the best way but it will be better
than nothing.

regards,
Hal