Re: Reliable and scrptable backup to Postgresql databases. - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From AarniRuuhimäki / Megative Tmi / KYMI.com
Subject Re: Reliable and scrptable backup to Postgresql databases.
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi !

I use two scheduled crons to first vacuum and then dump all dbs.

Then I have a simple shell script to tarball the dump and to move it to
another machine with rsync. Not sure if this works with blobs.

BR,

aarni

#!/bin/bash
#
#Backupscript
#
cd /work/backup #directory where the files come

       tar cfz pg_daily_dumps.gz /usr/share/pgdumps/all

        export RSYNC_PASSWORD="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
        rsync -azR . psw8326@212.94.64.10::my.server.com

#eof