Re: URGENT: Performance tuning - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: URGENT: Performance tuning
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 10:21:21AM -0700, Peter Dimov wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I need info about how to fine tune my postgresql.

Then you need to give us info about your configuration.  Did you
ANALYSE?  &c.

> I do not make any special setup an postgres and on linux, anly the
> standart install.

The defaults on Postgres are basically there to allow it to run on
anything.  It'll run out of the box on a 486 with 8 Meg, I think.
You need to make some changes.  A cursory inspection of the archives
would help.  Also, see
<http://www.ca.postgresql.org/docs/momjian/hw_performance/>

----
Andrew Sullivan                               87 Mowat Avenue
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M6K 3E3
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110