Re: db grows and grows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: db grows and grows
Date
Re: db grows and grows  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 09:09:32PM +0200, Bjoern Metzdorf wrote:

> During the REINDEX-run I see plenty "SELECT (waiting)" with ps. So I can
> confirm this.

But why would a ShareLock cause SELECT to wait?  Anyone?  ShareLock
isn't supposed to prevent that.  It _should_ cause UPDATE to wait,
but not SELECT (or at least, that's what I think the docs say).

----
Andrew Sullivan                               87 Mowat Avenue
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M6K 3E3
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110