Re: Serious Crash last Friday - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Serious Crash last Friday
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 01:44:22PM +0200, Henrik Steffen wrote:
> > so, "parsed data" <= "length" is good, though hopefully it's not too much
> > less.
>
> well,
>
> parsed data ==                  825242056
> length ==                       84
>
> I fear, it's toooooo much less.

That's wierd. Something is really wierd here, as that number is 0x313031C8,
which has '101' in text format. What datatypes are you using. Seems more
like a bug in my program.

> BTW: The count of rows printed by the pgfsck increases permanently.
> In my last mail, there were only 814 rows, 2 hours ago, there were 1200
> rows, now there are 1600 rows !!! What does this mean? In the table, there
> are only 185 rows like before.
>
> There is always about 800000000 parsed data, and about 100-150 of length.

Are you using -a? It will print all rows, including deleted ones. That will
obviously continue to increase during usage. Are you doing this on a live
database?