Re: [HACKERS] First cut at SSL documentation - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Larry Rosenman
Subject Re: [HACKERS] First cut at SSL documentation
Date
Re: [HACKERS] First cut at SSL documentation
List pgsql-patches
* Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> [020613 21:49]:
> Bear Giles wrote:
> > > Sorry, there is a newer version.  I will use that one.
> >
> > You may want to hold off on that - I've been busy lately and haven't had
> > a chance to revisit the documentation or change some of the literal constants
> > to numeric constants, but it's been on my "to do" list.
>
> OK, thanks. I will hold off on the docs part.
>
> Sorry it has taken me so long to get to these SSL patches (my vacation).
> I am doing them now.
>
> > The latter didn't affect the other patches since I planned on doing a
> > latter-day patch anyway, but the documentation may need some big changes
> > to emphasize that the rule that it's "use SSH tunnels if you just want
> > to prevent eavesdropping, use SSL directly if you need to firmly establish
> > the identity of the server or clients."
> >
> > (And sorry about responding via the lists, but your mail server doesn't
> > like to talk to cable modem users.)
>
> Sorry about the block.  RBL+ has been much more effective lately, and it
> is because they are blocking more dialup users.  This the first false
> positive I have gotten from them.  You can use momjian@postgresql.org or
> route your email through west.navpoint.com.  I will see if I can pass
> your IP through.  I can do it in my blacklist, but I am not sure that
> works for RBL+.
If you are using sendmail, the access file overrides the RBL, if you
set delay checks in the MC file.

I can help if you are using sendmail.

LER