Re: First cut at SSL documentation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bear Giles
Subject Re: First cut at SSL documentation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Sorry, there is a newer version.  I will use that one.

You may want to hold off on that - I've been busy lately and haven't had
a chance to revisit the documentation or change some of the literal constants
to numeric constants, but it's been on my "to do" list.

The latter didn't affect the other patches since I planned on doing a
latter-day patch anyway, but the documentation may need some big changes
to emphasize that the rule that it's "use SSH tunnels if you just want
to prevent eavesdropping, use SSL directly if you need to firmly establish
the identity of the server or clients."

(And sorry about responding via the lists, but your mail server doesn't
like to talk to cable modem users.)

Bear