Re: View management - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: View management
Date
List pgsql-novice
Patrick,

> Could someone give me some advice or point me to an article that would help
> manage views?  I have a view that I use in conjunction with other views,
> and since I have to drop the view and then recreate it, I'm force to drop
> and recreate all other views that the original view was used in.
> TIA

As I recall, the IT staff at Action Target, Inc. two years ago developed a
non-free tool for this purpose.   They were planning to start a spin-off
company to market PostgreSQL admin tools, but I don't know how far they got
with the idea.

Try contacting Action Target's webmaster to see if you can find anything out:
webmaster@actiontarget.com

--
-Josh Berkus

                                        Josh Berkus
   Complete information technology     josh@agliodbs.com
    and data management solutions     (415) 565-7293
   for law firms, small businesses      fax 621-2533
    and non-profit organizations.     San Francisco