Re: [GENERAL] performance issues with DBI module when data too big - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: [GENERAL] performance issues with DBI module when data too big
Date
List pgsql-admin
Nicolas Nolst wrote:
[text/html is unsupported, treating like TEXT/PLAIN]

> [...]
> <P>My problem is that populating my database is slower  when the data gets bigger and the performance falls
dramatically.I thought that is would be improve with my indexes but the problem still persists.</P>
> <P>Could you please give me some clues that could solve this issue.</P>

    Is your database frequently vacuumed and analyzed (and do you
    frequently read frequently asked questions)?

> <P>Thanks.</P>
> <P><BR> <BR><BR>Nicolas Nolst </P>

    And just for the record, do you prefer answers to  HTML  mail
    in Postscript, PDF, DVI or nothing at all?

Jan