Re: Replication status - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Replication status
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 06:08:21PM -0700, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> clients. We have been very low-key (imho) in representing this solution
> to the developer community, but it should be considered for applications
> matching its capabilities.

I should like to emphasise that I have no desire to run down rserv --
I think it's pretty good, and I'm more than happy with its
performance.  That I'm now facing a feature-lust argument for ORAC is
a political, and not technical problem.

> Full transactional integrity across primary
> and secondary servers is not easy to come by and not offered by most
> other solutions.

Exactly, plus there appears to be a big price to be paid for that
full integrity.

----
Andrew Sullivan                               87 Mowat Avenue
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M6K 3E3                                        +1 416 646 3304
x110