Re: Replication status - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Replication status
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Karel Zak wrote:
> On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 11:40:20AM -0400, Michael Meskes wrote:
>
> > could anyone please enlighten me about the status of replication? I do
> > expect lots of questions about this, and I'm not really sure if I can
> > promise it for 7.3. :-)

>  I add the other quesion: how is current status of on-line backup log
>  based on WAL? The enterprise usage require it maybe more than
>  replication.

Yes!  Point-in-time recovery and replication are our only to "urgent"
items on the TODO list.

Jan's idea of implementing point-in-time recovery as a playback of the
replication logs seems like a great idea, so I think replication may
solve both issues.

Pennsylvania19026