Re: Redhat 7.3 time manipulation bug - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: Redhat 7.3 time manipulation bug
Date
Re: Redhat 7.3 time manipulation bug  (Manuel Sugawara <masm@fciencias.unam.mx>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Saturday 18 May 2002 12:34 am, Manuel Sugawara wrote:
> Something is pretty broken in redhat 7.3 but I'm not sure what and I
> don't have time to dig further

> Both cases works correctly in Redhat 7.2. Sorry if this is not the
> correct forum however an alert is nice for people planning an Redhat
> upgrade. I hope to see pretty soon an update since I don't want to
> downgrade my server.

Filed on Red Hat's Bugzilla system as bug# 65227, as I can reliably reporoduce
this bug here, and PostgreSQL 7.2.1 on Red Hat 6.2 on SPARC does not exhibit
the bug.

Tom (or Thomas):

Where would we go to ferret out the source of this bug?  More to the point: we
need a test case in C that could expose this as a glibc bug.  Methinks Red
Hat would want this bug ferretted out, as it would likely cause problems with
RedHat Database on RH 7.3's glibc.....
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio