Re: mV database tools - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From cbbrowne@cbbrowne.com
Subject Re: mV database tools
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I suppose arrays are PostgreSQL's equivalent of multi-valued data (is it
> possible to have arrays of arrays?)  So it could be argued that
> PostgreSQL already provides part of what Arthur wants.

It seems to me that there would be a whopping lot of value to the exercise of
figuring out some way of "layering" MVD on top of a relational database, even
if only to provide something sufficiently analytical to cope with the
perpetual claims of:
 "MultiValued Databases are Vastly, Spectacularly, the Bestest Kind of  Database ever imagined in the universe!  No,
reallythey are!"

It might not be necessary to go all the way to fully layering such a thing atop PostgreSQL, although it would be a nice
riposteto be able to respond with:

 "Been there, done that.  Of _COURSE_ PostgreSQL supports MultiValue."
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "gro.gultn@" "enworbbc"))
http://www.cbbrowne.com/info/lisp.html

--